Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh so bittersweet...

It's all happening. For real, our move is no longer just something we are talking about and planning, it's happening. It became a reality when my husband left Monday morning. He no longer lives here. He is on his way, driving cross country solo to our new lives in Virginia. It was difficult to say goodbye, we all bawled like babies. I know it's only 6 weeks and I know we will all survive and people probably think I am being dramatic by being so sad. But I am sad. I am scared, I am lonely and I am happy all at the same time. This is something I have been waiting for for so long. Something I have wanted and talked about and now it's happening. The sad part is that the girls and I have to wait to move until November 19th (that is just the tentative date, nothing is set in stone yet). We have to wait until we have saved enough money to make the move. So for the next 6 weeks we have to live without a daddy here in our home. It's a bummer. Especially when there is still so much to do before we go. There is so much packing and preparing. So many people that we love so much that we are going to be leaving. So many good bye's to say. Chris got to say goodbye to a few friends on Sunday. We didn't have a party, we didn't make a big deal about him leaving because quite honestly I didn't want it to be sad. It was also Allison's birthday on Sunday and I wanted it to be a happy day for her sake.
There is so much good that awaits us in Virginia. I just know it, I can feel it in my bones. I know that once we get settled and used to the idea of being on the east coast and so far away from our loved ones that we will be good. We will be able to breathe again. Friday afternoon we will find out if we got the house we really want to rent. It is in a great neighborhood, it's a beautiful home and it's close to "downtown" Warrenton. Who knows how much of a "downtown" there really is, but we will be within walking distance of it!
Well I am going to call my husband now and tell him goodnight, he's in Tennesee tonight and he is exhausted! He drove 800 miles today! Tomorrow he will head to North Carolina to see his 2 uncles and his cousin. I so wish we were with him. Soon enough I guess, soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!