Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reflecting...on 41 years.

It's not quite midnight yet so it's still technically my birthday. My 41st birthday. Wow, how in the world did that happen? You blink and suddenly you are middle aged! It's weird, when I was a kid and my mom and dad were this age I thought they were so old and now I look at my kids and wonder 'do they think I am old?'
I honestly don't think they feel like I am as old as I felt my mom was but I know they don't think they feel like I am as cool as I think I am!
So the reflecting part. I really wish my memory was better, I wish that I could remember some birthdays from my childhood. I don't think I really had a true birthday party. I think we mostly celebrated with family and then maybe a friend or two came over for dinner but I think thats it. I don't even remember milestone birthdays. I could not tell you for the life of me what I did for my 16th birthday. I am sure it was a good one and that I had fun but it's as if it never happened. This is one of the reasons why I am writing this blog. I know that when you are actually going through something you think 'I am never going to forget this moment' but then before you know it, poof! memory erased. I am trying to make sure with my kids I take lots of pictures, but I am not good about writing things down at all. I think I am going to encourage them both to start a journal so that when they are my age they can reflect and still actually remember what they are reflecting on!
Now just so I don't forget what I did today let me tell you about it. First I woke up and went downstairs and everything was all neat and tiday and the sheets had even been changed on Allison's bed (without me asking). Chris adn Allison had made sure that before they left they cleaned everything up so I wouldn't go ballistic on my birthday! Lol! Then my awesome friend Melissa and her daughter Miranda drove out from Orange County so that we could go spend the day at Rancho Las Palmas Hotel and Spa. I then had a couple personal services, a massage and a facial. The girls all hung out at the pool and went round and round the lazy river all day. We had a great time. Then it was on to pedicures! We then came home got ready and Chris, Melissa and I all went to the Yard House. All in all it was a great birthday. Quiet, relaxing and indulgent! Yay me!
I hope that I am able to keep up with this so in another 5 years or so I am able to have somewhere to go back to so that I can remember what I did after I turned 41.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!